Nintendo has just announced the details on a free update coming to Super Mario Maker on December 21st. The update will deliver a new set of never-before-seen items for players to use as they create courses in the Wii U game. On that same day, Nintendo will launch a Web portal called Super Mario Maker Bookmark that lets players search for courses to play by using their computer, tablet or smartphone.
“Players have already created and shared a huge number of courses, and now it will be easier and more fun than ever for players to create and find levels they will love to play,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing. “Combining classic Mario game play with the creative fun of making and sharing levels, Super Mario Maker is a perfect experience for the holidays.”
New features coming to the game include:
- Fire Koopa Clown Car: This volcanic vessel is capable of shooting fireballs as well as a powerful charged shot that can even destroy Blocks. It’s perfect for creating shoot-’em-up-style courses.
- P Warp Doors: Unlike regular Warp Doors, these are only visible while a P Switch is active – perfect for creating truly devious Ghost House courses.
- Bumper: This bouncy donut-shaped object sends Mario bounding away when touched.
- World Records: Now pages will display the World Record for each course uploaded, displaying the fastest clear time.
- Super Mario Maker Bookmark: Levels that players have bookmarked to play later using the Web portal will be accessible from the Course World tab.
For more information, you can check out the game’s official site.