Quantic Dream co-CEO, Guillaume de Fondaumiere, has just announced via the Playstation Blog, that Beyond: Two Souls is coming to PS4 next week complete with “graphical improvements and fan-requested features.” It’ll be available to download on the Playstation Store for $29.99 on November 24th.
The PS4 edition of the game promises a number of improvements including:
- Enhanced 1080p graphics including motion blur, bloom and depth of field effects, as well as improved lighting and shadows. The game also makes use of the DualShock 4 speaker to improve immersion when playing as the Entity.
- Decisions are highlighted at the end of each scene and compared with those made by other players.
- Once you have completed Beyond: Two Souls, you will be able to replay the game in chronological order — a much requested feature in the PS3 version!
- Increased difficulty in certain fight scene, combined with improved controls for action sequences.
- Includes the “Enhanced Experiments” DLC.
Those who pick up this Ellen Page, Willem DaFoe supernatural thriller will also be able to buy Heavy Rain, another Quantic Dream re-release, for a discount when it hits the Playstation Store on March 1, 2016. No word on exactly how much of a discount at the moment.
I’ve always had a soft spot for Quantic Dream games since I played Indigo Prophecy on my OG Xbox. And even though I know it’s not a popular opinion, I really dug Beyond: Two Souls when I played it on my PS3. I will probably be picking this up as soon as possible.