If you love Evolve but wish there was a little less hunting and a lot more fighting, then today is your lucky day.
Turtle Rock Studios just showed off Arena Mode, a free update coming to Evolve, today May 26th, on all platforms. In it, the hunters and monster begin in a dome and fight until either the monster is killed or the squad of hunters is eliminated in a best-of-three series.
There are five fixed domes in each map of the game. Each round will randomly take place in one of these predetermined locations. Here’s the breakdown from the game’s official site:
- All the Hunters and Monster begin each match with one perk.
- Monsters start at Stage 2 with 50 percent armor, but can feed on wildlife in battle to regain armor and even evolve to Stage 3. (Though the size of the mobile arena makes this a tough task.)
- The dome isn’t coming down. So, for all you Trappers out there, your job got a little easier.
- There is no dropship timer. Once a Hunter dies in battle, they have to sit it out until the next fight.
- Players can’t change their character or perk selection between rounds, but Monster players can change their abilities.
I haven’t gotten my Evolve fix in a while so this seems like a perfect time to jump back in.
Check out the Arena Mode Announcement video below.