PopCap Games and EA have announced that Plants vs. Zombies 2 will be available for Android phone and tablets via Google Play today. This new Android version of the game is the first PopCap title to feature full integration with Google Play Game Services.
“With the arrival of Plants vs. Zombies 2 on Android, we’re effectively reaching a huge new audience of mobile players who have been eagerly awaiting the game,” said Tony Leamer, Franchise Business Director for Plants vs. Zombies. “We’re particularly pleased that the Android iteration of the game has all the great features and functionality found in other mobile editions.”
Plants vs. Zombies 2 is free to download and play and features dozens of all-new levels, plants and zombies. While players can access every level in the game at no cost, players can also purchase in-game items and upgrades to enhance the game.
The game’s key features include:
- Three all-new worlds to explore, with more worlds coming soon
- More than 60 levels at launch, with dozens more coming in future worlds
- Dozens of new plants and zombies, each with unique powers and behaviors
- Plant food to supercharge your floral defenses
- Touch-screen power-ups that let you pinch, flick and zap zombies directly
- Side missions, mini-games and other brain-teasing challenges in every world
- Challenge Zones at the end of each world that provide never-ending quests for glory