Ubisoft today announced that Rayman Legends, which was once an exclusive to the struggling Wii U, is now coming to another struggling console as well, the Playstation Vita.
Rayman Legends on PS Vita includes all of the original Rayman Legends content, as well as five exclusive maps. In addition to the five Vita-specific maps, two exclusive costumes were created by the Ubisoft Montpellier team. Players can dress Rayman in a costume from Prince of Persia while Globox can go incognito in a costume from the stealthy spy series, Splinter Cell.
Ubisoft is also touting the following as key features:
- VITA Showcase: Rayman Legends takes full advantage of the PS VITA. Use the touch screen to zoom, take out enemies, and manipulate platforms, cut ropes to clear a path and much more. You can touch the rear pad alternative for the touch gameplay. With the gyroscope technology, you can move rotating platform and there are many more surprises to come!
- 2-Players local – Multiplayer Co-op mode: You can play with your friends, using the WIFI connexion. One Player will play as Murfy with the touch screen, Player two will play with classic controls.
- Rayman Rocks!: Jump to the beat of a drum, punch to the bass line, even zip-line during a guitar sustain. Timing and rhythm are the key to beat these maps set to music. See if you have what it takes to be a Platforming Hero.
- Online Challenges: Add and challenge your friends online through a variety of challenges that will test your skill and speed. Check the leaderboards to see where you rank around the world.
- Social features: Share your scores and skills on Facebook.
- UbiArt Engine Advancements: The UbiArt engine has expanded its abilities to now include 3D gameplay elements, a new lighting design, and a new rendering system which take Rayman’s award-winning graphics to the next level.
- The Award-Winning Team Is Back: The legendary team of decorated artists, designers and composers are teaming up again to create new worlds, new characters and a new soundtrack.
Rayman Legends will also be available on the PlayStation 3, the Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii U at the same time, on September 3rd.