Gears of War: Judgment has received some free DLC in the form of a new map titled Haven and the return of Execution Mode.
Men’s magazine Maxim is sponsoring the content, so it is free “for a limited time.” It was originally supposed to be released on April 2 but it looks like Epic has decided to give it to the masses before Easter. How nice of them! You can currently download the DLC from Judgment’s title menu, the Xbox 360 Dashboard or the Xbox website.
Execution Mode was previously available in all three previous Gears games but was missing at Judgment’s launch. It is a popular multiplayer mode where the goal is to kill everyone on the enemy team before time expires with a one-shot weapon or by executing them while they’re down but not out. If the player is down but not out and no one can get an execution on them, the player would get up and continue going.
For a limited time, players will also be able to rack up twice as much XP as usual in special playlists for both the Haven map and Execution mode. Those who have purchased the Judgment season pass, which comes with permanent double XP, will receive triple XP during this time.
Epic is also launching Judgment’s first title update today to fix some bugs and smoothen out gameplay. Check out the complete patch list below.
- Various dedicated server improvements.
- Players no longer get stuck in the main menu background after playing three random matches.
- Locusts no longer spawn at the second E-Hole on the first wave of Island.
- Players will no longer get stuck inside of a Boom Shield that has been planted by an enemy player.
- Players will no longer able to look down the scope with a Markza while holding a Meat Shield.
- If a Locust destroys an objective at the same time the timer runs out in OverRun using Mercy rules, the match will not end early.
- Fix for exclamation points not disappearing after viewing an unlocked character.
- While holding a Meat Shield you will only need to tap B to melee.
- The Meat Shield will now drop if you switch to the snub.
- The “Spray and Pray” ribbon can now be earned in the first round.
- If the Boom Shield is disabled in weapon swap you will no longer see the icon in Tac-Com.
- You will now earn the Team Savior ribbon for reviving three individual teammates in a single life.
- Players can no longer chainsaw another player while holding the Boom Shield.
- Improvements to the Hammer of Dawn targeting.
- You will now see XP tallies between matches.