Visceral Games has teamed up with Treehouse Games to bring gamers a Development Edition of Dead Space 3.
This Dev-Team Edition will be limited to 5,000 units and be sold exclusively at deadspace3devteamedition.com .
Visceral EP Steve Paputsis said:
We wanted to make a collector’s edition that really represented the love and passion we have for this series. Treehouse did a amazing job of matching that passion and bringing the Dead Space universe into the real world.
The Dev-Team Edition will cost $160 and include:
- Tin Collector’s Case: Measuring nearly 14”x 9,” debossed and full color art based on the designs from Ben Wanat (Creative Director for Dead Space 3) and Dino Ignacio (UI Designer for the series). Covered with mysteries and trivia from all three games.
- Marker Statue: An 8” hand-sculpted, custom-molded polyresin statue. Coated in metallic paints to replicate the maddening glyphs of the Black Marker.
- Med-Pack: The Med Pack in the game is a single-dose healing agent, used in highly dangerous environments. We’ve recreated it here as a 14 oz. PET water bottle, perfect for carrying your beverage of choice.
- Serrano’s Journal: Dr. Earl Serrano kept a careful journal of his findings on Tau Volantis, full of clues and haunting artwork. We’ve recreated it here with exclusive content by Chuck Beaver (Story Producer on the series) and blank pages for fans to document their own discoveries in Dead Space 3!
- Flip Book “Data Pad”: 10”x7” with a metal cover, containing 9 image sets made with clear PET cover sheets over heavy-weight cardstock. Designed by Dino Ignacio to be “a functional prop version of Dead Space User Interface.”
- Art Book: 4.75” x 6.5”, hardbound book containing 96 stunning full color pages, plus exclusive material from the Dead Space art department! Cover by Christopher Shy, forward by Alex Muscat (DS3 art director).
- Poster Pack: Set of three 5”x10,” single-sided posters replicating the nostalgic posters found througout the new game that depict an older age of space travel. Printed on 80# paper and packaged in a specially SCAF-branded tube.
- Postcard Set: Set of six 3.75”x6” Peng themed postcards. Double-sided with art on the front and Dead Space-branded postcard information on reverse.
If you plan on buying a copy of Dead Space 3 at your local retailer, you can still grab the goodies of the Dev-Team Edition for $100.
Here are some more shots of the Dev-Team Edition and a video showing it off.